For those of you who follow fashion, you probably already know that menswear inspired looks are trending for women. I decided to put together an outfit that I consider to be menswear inspired without actually wearing menswear items. I wanted to keep my femininity with girly pieces but choose those pieces based off menswear items. This is the look I came up with:
1. Button Up shirts: I started off the look by adding one of the easiest clothing pieces that can make an outfit more menswear inspired, a button up shirt. To keep the feminity to the shirt i chose a button up that had polka dots and little pink bows.
2. Blazers: Now blazers are both men and women inspired, so to add a menswear inspired vibe to my I added a bow tie to my outfit. Since I am going for a more feminine version I paired my blazer and bow-tie with fitted skinny jeans to keep my feminine figure. If you are going for more of a masculine look, you of course can go with a less fitted bottom.
3. A Bow tie: Next, I wanted to have some sort of tie with my outfit since we all know that is menswear inspired. Now just because it menswear dosen’t mean it has to be masculine looking. Take my bow tie for example, it is very feminine looking but still menswear inspired. I opted for a more feminine bow tie by wearing a loose and more delicate version of a bow tie. Also note that when wearing a bow tie or tie you do not need a ton of other jewelry, keep the jewlery simple. That brings me to my next item.
4. Jewelry: Since this is menswear inspired and i already had a lot going on I kept the jewelry simple. I had one belt buckle bracelet on and then a pair of earrings. For the earrings i wore one dangle earring and one stud earring for more of men inspired look.
5. Shoes:For my shoes I decided to wear heels because I felt to manly in my loafers; however, I opted for a lower heel than i normally wear
6. Hair: For my hair i slicked the top half back as some men tend to do but to keep it feminine i left half of it down.
What do you think of this new trend? Are you going to be putting together outfits with menswear inspired pieces in mind?
What I Am WearingHot Pink Candies’ Blazer from Kohl’s Polka dot & Bow Blouse top from ROMWE Candies’ Black Jeggings from Kohl’s Double Strap Pink Pumps from Oasap White Buckle Bracelet from Oasap Earrings from Jewelmint PLEASE HYPE THIS LOOK BELOW IF YOU LIKE IT