Do you love shopping from the comfort of your home when your given affordable prices? I know I sure do! A great online store that offers just about anything you can imagine from kitchen items, to housewares, to audio, computers, electronics, and so much more is BuyDig.com. They offer a plethora of items including this wonderful Olympus Tough 8010 Waterproof, Shockproof 14MP, 5X Zoom Digital Camera I was sent for review. You know that awesome camera you keep seeing commercial ads for on the TV, yup that’s the one!
- Waterproof (33ft.) Shockproof (6.6ft.) Freezeproof / Crushproof
- 14 Megapixel Resolution
- 5x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom w/ Dual Image Stabilization
- One-Touch HD Movie & HDMI output
- In-Camera Panorama
I have only had the camera for a short time now but I have to say that so far I think it is going to be a great camera for my husband to have when he gets home! I am still learning about the camera and all the amazing features it has but from what I have learned so far, these are some of my favorite features:
1. The camera is perfect for the adventure seeker (like my husband) because it can take amazing photos no mater what you are doing. Whether you are going swimming under water, snowboarding down the mountain, hiking down the trail, etc. this camera was designed to thrive in any condition. I have not personally had a chance to try any of these adventures with the camera yet but I know my husband sure is excited to take the camera on his adventures!
2. I LOVE that it is waterproof with seals and gaskets that keep water out so you can take pictures as deep as 33 feet underwater!! Having a 4 year old I think this will be perfect to start taking photos underwater of her swimming adventures!
3. Going back to having a 4 year old daughter, I really LOVE that that this camera has a rugged metal body and innovative shock-absorbing construction designed to withstand a 6.6-foot drop, bump, or other mishap. Those of us with young ones know what a life saver this will be in a camera!
4. I love that with a simple one touch button you can start easily recording videos so you don’t miss that special unexpected moment!
So far the only cons I have about this camera are:
1. The video quality. It takes decent videos however there is a fuzzy noise that comes out in the video due to the microphone being bad in the camera. It is fine if you want to do voice overs but otherwise its not great quality because of the noise it adds.
2. Some of the pictures are over-processed a bit over-compressed. I tried taking OOTD pictures and they came out very mushy and watercolory. I think it may be due to the in-camera noise reduction. The photos aren’t terribly horrible or unusable but definitely not good to use when you are trying to take clear shots of items for review like I do.
I think my husband will really enjoy this camera for his adventures like it is designed for. I would recommend it to other adventure seekers looking for a camera that can withstand the rigorous activities it is put through; however, I would not recommend it to be used as a camera for a job like mine, requiring clear and defined detailed pictures.
It is a perfect time to find what gifts you would like to give to your father for this upcoming Father’s Day. Makobi Scribe is proud to present Father’s Day Gift Ideas Giveaway Event. Starting June 10th 00:01 AM EST and ending June 18 at 23:59 EST you can hop from one blog to another participating in this event and enter each giveaway. Each blogger will have a prize worth at least $25 if not more.
To enter this giveaway simply use the Rafflecopter form below! Good Luck!