One of my absolute FAVORITE TV shows right now is, The Vampire Diaries. I am not usually drawn to vampire shows; however, after catching a glimpse of it one night, I couldn’t stop watching! Who wouldn’t love this show? with all those HOT vampires, seriously! After watching that one episode I immediately (not even kidding) ran to my Netflix and hit the play button and literally watched the entire series from the first episode until the current one (this was towards the end of last year). It took a few days but I finished every single episode and then got my sister hooked on the show lol. I love all of the characters on this series and really love all of their personal styles on and off set.
I love getting style inspiration from them, especially hair styles, so I was super excited to find out that hairstylist Randa Squillacote uses White Sands Hair Care products, the #1 product line found on today’s top TV and movie sets for styling the casts hair. Have you been wanting to know how to copy the hairstyles from your favorite Vampire Diaries beauty like I have been? If you have I have great news for you! Randa Squillacote shares her on set tips to achieve their star style with ease.
Actress Nina Dobrev as “Elenfro
Randa Squillacote says that Nina has a medium thickness and a natural way pattern to start off with. In order to achieve her look, follow the below steps:
1. Use White Sands Vegan Volumizing Shampoo and Volumizing Conditioner to clean hair for a fresh canvas.
2. Spray sections of the hair with White Sands Liquid Texture Medium Hold while blow drying with a round brush. The Liquid texture spray offers thermal protection and color enhancers.
3. Starting at the crown and lifting straight up, flat iron the hair in sections using White Sands Liquid Texture Firm Hold. To achieve a light bend and beautiful wave turn the iron slightly at the middle of each hair strand to the ends. Iron all hair sections in the same direction and let hair cool.
4. Brush and finger comb through the hair and spray with White Sands Infinity Finishing Spray.
Actress Candice Accola as “Caroline”
Randa Squillacote says that Candice has thick, natural wavy hair to start with. In order to achieve this look follow the below steps:
1. Use White Sands Vegan Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner to thoroughly cleanse, while infusing a vital moisture balance back into each strand.
2. To add fullness in the hair, blow dry hair with a medium round.
3. Using White Sands Liquid Texture Firm Hold, spray the entire head and then section the hair off 1-inch partings starting at the nape area. Using a 1-inch barrel, take these 1-inch sections and curl hair from ends to scalp (like a roller). Remove iron and clip into place until entire head is set. Wait until cooled.
4. Remove the clips and brush out for a soft, sexy, wavy style. For a flexible hold that repels outside moisture and provides a long lasting style, spray with White Sands Infinity Finishing Spray.
Actress Katerina Graham as “Bonnie”
Randa Squillacote says that Katerina has medium thick and relaxed curly hair to start with. In order to achieve this look follow the below steps:
1. Use White Sands Vegan Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner to improve hydration levels and stand strength.
2. To define texture and remove frizz, spray on White Sands Porosity the Fix and apply Curl up in Silk Medium Mousse, dry `tresses under a hairdryer.
3. Spray the entire head with White Sands Liquid Texture Medium Hold and take 1-inch partings, starting at nape. Gather each 1-inch section and hold a 1 ½ inch curling iron vertical and wrap hair around barrel from scalp to ends.
4. Let curls drop and separate with White Sands Smudge Texture Creme for a soft relaxed curl look
I recently had the opportunity to review one of white sands hair care products, the thermal spray medium hold. I have been LOVING this product and the results it offers to my hair. I love this product because it protects my hair from the hot tools I use daily, while offering color enhancers and the ability to resist moisture. This product can be used on wet, damp, or dried hair and offers a beautiful shine to the hair. Check out the shine it leaves my hair with below:
I love all of the above looks and tried to create my own using the thermal spray medium hold. To achieve this look follow the below steps!
1. Wash and Blow dry hair.
2. Spray hair all over using the the thermal spray medium hold and blow dry hair.
3. Section your hair off into 1 1/2” sections and begin wrapping each section away from your face using a curling wand (I used the NUME 32 mm wand for this look). Let go of hair and let curl fall.
4. Once hair is cooled off run fingers through it for a loose effect and spray with hairspray.
White sands carries an assortment of other hair care products that are loved and used by many other celebrities. To keep up with the news about the latest celeb using their products, be sure to “like” them on their Facebook page. Also be sure to visit their website to learn more about their products and to make any purchases.
Have you tried any White Sands products? If so which one and how did you like it? If you haven’t what are your thoughts about it now?